Mission and Vision
The mission of the NYU College of Dentistry (NYUCD) is to partner with students in achieving academic excellence, providing the best oral health care, and engaging in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors to improve the health of the highly diverse populations in New York City and around the world. NYUCD’s vision is to become the dental institution with the greatest impact globally on the health of society.
Mission & Vision
The vision of the Dental Institute is to:
- understand disease, enhance health, restore function.
We realise this vision by:
- delivering a values-based curriculum to develop reflective health care professionals:
- to direct and deliver multi-disciplinary team care to a diversity of patients,
- who are prepared for the rapid evolution of knowledge, discovery and technology and its impact on health and its management
- engaging in high-quality and impactful research and translating research discoveries into evidence-based clinical practice, health care policy and new products
- promoting and enabling multi-disciplinary collaboration of researchers, educators and clinicians across the professions
- providing high-quality, evidence-based patient care in accessible and financially sustainable environments with a positive patient experience
- engaging individuals and wider communities in valuing and preserving their own oral and systemic health.